Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Ugly

Yesterday we pondered for hours on the nature of violence. Or they did - the other students. I listened to what they said but I didn't understand, and I didn't have anything to say. I don't know what else there is to comprehend about human brutality other than the fact that it is brutal.

During moments of their opinionated speech I felt a profound frailty of myself and the mysterious persistence of existence I became aware of the fact that I didn't understand my own pulse.

The words "heinous" and "bloody" emerged from the mouths of the others. They spat them out. Venomous pits spewed from abysmal pits. I was surrounded and fissioned by nuclear voices.

In dismantling/ gutting the darkness of ourselves we tend to vomit our souls. I hate that class. It requires too much vulgar courage and savage thought.

No comments: